Wide Time in German

> Forums > Cafe almancax > Wide Time in German

WELCOME TO ALMANCAX FORUMS. YOU CAN FIND ALL THE INFORMATION YOU LOOK FOR ABOUT GERMANY AND THE GERMAN LANGUAGE IN OUR FORUMS.
    Barli
    Exhibition Stand

Friends, I am new to the forum. After looking at it a bit, I noticed something missing about the times. I wanted to add, but the topic was locked... It's like the Genis tense in German...

I can say that in German, the simple present tense is not made with the present tense, it is completely wrong... for example!

German present tense is made with the auxiliary verb “sollen”…

Ich soll oft ins Kino gehen Yada (I have to go to the cinema)

but it is expressed so as to take a lot of time.

If the work is dismissed like this,

As in the example of ich gehe oft ins Kino (I go to the movies FREQUENTLY)

It would be useful for you to know this….By the way, I'm sorry if I brought up the topic in the wrong place.
    Respects….

Barli
    Exhibition Stand

By the way, I'm sorry there are some words, I wanted to give another example so that you can fully understand the subject...

ich soll heute Abend vorbeikommen. It is clearly present tense, as in (I will come to you this evening)...

Gin tonic
    Exhibition Stand

I think you are mixing it up. Sollen verb is used as should / should or imperative. There may be places in which it means present tense, but how accurate is it to say that left directly means present tense? Also in Turkish, the verb sollen is used when conveying things heard from someone else expressed in the past tense with -miş.

Barli
    Exhibition Stand

You are right, but I am not limited to this fact so much, I do not take part in the meaning of time, and I can not accept it.

As you know, in English, The Simple Present Tense is the present tense. When a German who speaks good English translates this tense into German, he translates it with the verb sollen 90% of the time and uses the present tense in about 10% of the time. If you have a German friend who speaks English well, he will tell you exactly what I said... Best regards.

Displaying 3 answers - 1 to 3 (3 total)
  • To reply to this topic You must be logged in.